NFC Forum Fremont Plugfest
Plugfests are one-week events designed to create a safe, real-world environment where developers with NFC Forum specified devices can verify device interaction across product implementations. They offer NFC Forum members and non-members device-device interoperability testing, end-to-end data sharing, and access to a library of various NFC Forum tags, smart posters and NFC Forum devices.
- Participate in device-to-device interoperability testing and data sharing
- Assess your devices using NFC Forum approved test tools supporting latest Certification Release including Analog 2.0
- Access the NFC Forum Interoperability Test Library (ITL) containing NFC tags and NFC devices
- Verify interoperability between implementations developed to Digital Protocol 1.0, Digital protocol 1.1 and those supporting Digital Protocol 2.0.
- Gain first hands-on experience with Tag certification tests that will be introduced mid 2017
- Network and forge connections with other NFC companies and NFC experts
Who should attend?
Anyone – whether NFC Forum member or non-member – who has implemented the NFC Forum specifications in a device and has, or will have, working samples by the date of the event.
What is the schedule?
Testing sessions are scheduled daily from 8:30 – 18:00, with coffee breaks at 10:30 and 15:45. Lunch is provided at 12:45, and testing resumes at 13:45. A detailed schedule will be distributed approximately one week prior to the event.
On Tuesday or Wednesday evening, participants are invited to join the NFC Forum at a hosted social event for refreshments, fun, and networking outside of the lab! Social event details will be sent after registration.
More about the testing
- Testing will occur under the confidentiality agreement as defined in Section 12 of the NFC Forum Rules of Procedure, binding all participants. Non-members need to sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to participate.
- Individual participant test results are not reported and remain confidential between the testing parties.
- The summary information collected during Plugfest events is fed back into the NFC Forum specifications development team to enable continuous improvements.
- To improve the clarity and testing quality of the specifications, we ask that you submit specification concerns or issues encountered during the testing to the NFC Forum staff available throughout the event.
|Member Fees*||Non-Member Fees|
|Jan 3 – Jan 16
| Jan 17 – Feb 19
|Feb 20- Feb 26
Special thanks to UL for hosting the Plugfest