NFC and the Transport Industry
A Future of Public Transport Interoperability
The widespread adoption of NFC in Public Transport requires the assurance that NFC-enabled devices will interoperate with existing Public Transport systems throughout the world. Working with industry organizations, standards bodies, and Public Transport Operators, the NFC Forum has succeeded in providing this assurance by harmonizing the specifications of mobile device NFC interface with those of Public Transport readers and cards. Test specifications have been amended accordingly.
These actions have provided Public Transport Operators, Mobile Network Operators, and handset manufacturers with a roadmap for accelerating the implementation of NFC-enabled mobile ticketing. The pieces are in place to enable Radio Frequency interoperability for Public Transport systems – without changing Public Transport infrastructures.
The opportune time to start preparing to include NFC in your Public Transport system? Now!
Transport White Paper
Download your copy of the NFC-enabled e-Ticketing in Public Transport: Clearing the Route to Interoperability White Paper.
Get your Copy
Get Ready for Mobile Public Transport (PT) Services Informational Flyer
For the latest update on Transport SIG progress and to learn how to get ready for mobile PT services read this flyer
NFC in Public Transport Case Study
View Case Study
Transport Events of Interest
- Saudi Smart Cities Conference 2017May 16, 2017 - May 18, 2017
Under the patronage of the Ministry of Municipal and Rural Affairs (MOMRA), Dar Al Riyadh and Nispana are hosting the Saudi Smart Cities Conference 2017. It will feature over 1000+ attendees who are and will be involved in the Smart Cities project, and also feature presentation on best practices in Smart Cities from over 20+ countries. Since technology is the major enabler for the success any smart city, leading solution providers both local and international will be showcasing their strengths and capabilities.
- 10th Transport Revenue & Data Management ForumMay 23, 2017 - May 25, 2017
The Transport Revenue Management Forum is the world’s longest running conference and expo for transport ticketing and transport payments stakeholders. Contactless automated fare collection was pioneered in Asian markets and today the region is home to the world’s largest and most innovative smart integrated, multimodal transport ticketing schemes. In 2017 the forum will once again provide unique opportunities for experts to discuss today’s latest developments in transport revenue collection and the expected roadmap for next-generation electronic fare management systems.
IoT in the News
- Wearable NFC patch launched MC10, a US based healthcare technology company, has joined with design and manufacturing specialist PCH to commercialise the…
- NFC Forum to Unveil VISIONFC Event in June at Dallas Meeting The NFC Forum unveiled its first VISIONFC event, scheduled for June 15 to 17, 2016 at the Hyatt…
- Apparel gets smarter with deal to digitize 10B items In what is being billed as the largest Internet of Things deal to "switch on" the apparel and…
Transport Blog Posts
- From The Nifty Nine Finalists to The Thrilling Three Top Winners: NFC Innovation Award Winners RevealedSpeech Code‘s Talking Labels Help the Blind; Khushi Baby’s Mobile Medical App Enables India’s Clinic...