NFC Forum Saarbrücken Plugfest
Plugfests are one-week events designed to create a safe, real-world environment where developers with NFC Forum specified devices can verify device interaction across product implementations. They offer NFC Forum members and non-members device-device interoperability testing, end-to-end data sharing, and access to a library of various NFC Forum tags, smart posters and NFC Forum devices.
The NFC Forum Compliance Program is introducing tag and reader testing in September 2017. This Plugfest is an ideal opportunity to test YOUR tags and readers in anticipation of these new Certification Programs. Why should this matter to you? In the last few years the NFC Forum has led a program to harmonize its air interface to EMVCo and ISO/IEC 14443 standards. That has led to an update of the standards (introducing Analog Technical Specification 2.0) and this Plugfest allows you to test your readers and tags for compliance to the improved standards. In addition, the Internet of Things is gaining serious momentum and NFC plays a key role in simplifying the IoT for all. Make sure YOUR IoT products are ready to go to market by testing interoperability with the experts.
The following companies have given us permission to publically share their participation:
- Participate in device-to-device interoperability testing and data sharing
- Assess your devices using NFC Forum Validated Test Tools supporting latest Certification Release including Analog 2.0
- Access the NFC Forum Interoperability Test Library (ITL) containing NFC tags and NFC devices
- Verify interoperability between implementations developed to Digital Protocol 1.0, Digital protocol 1.1 and those supporting Digital Protocol 2.0.
- Gain first hands-on experience with Tag certification tests
- Network and forge connections with other NFC companies and NFC experts
Who should attend?
Anyone – whether NFC Forum member or non-member – who has implemented the NFC Forum specifications in a device and has, or will have, working samples by the date of the event.
What is the schedule?
Testing sessions are scheduled daily from 8:30 – 18:00, with coffee breaks at 10:30 and 15:45. Lunch is provided at 12:45, and testing resumes at 13:45. A detailed schedule will be distributed approximately one week prior to the event.
On Wednesday evening, participants are invited to join the NFC Forum at a hosted social event for refreshments, fun, and networking outside of the lab! Social event details will be sent after registration.
More about the testing
- Testing will occur under the confidentiality agreement as defined in Section 12 of the NFC Forum Rules of Procedure, binding all participants. Non-members need to sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to participate.
- Individual participant test results are not reported and remain confidential between the testing parties.
- The summary information collected during Plugfest events is fed back into the NFC Forum specifications development team to enable continuous improvements.
- To improve the clarity and testing quality of the specifications, we ask that you submit specification concerns or issues encountered during the testing to the NFC Forum staff available throughout the event.
|Member Fees*||Non-Member Fees|
|Aug 14 – Sep 18
| Sep 19 – Oct 9
|Oct 10 – Oct 16
*Members can find the member registration code on the Member website.
Special thanks to CTC Advanced for hosting the Plugfest