Plugfests are multiple-day events designed to create a safe, real-world environment where developers with NFC Forum specified devices can verify device interaction across product implementations. They offer NFC Forum members and non-members device-device interoperability testing, end-to-end data sharing, and access to a library of various NFC Forum tags, smart posters and NFC Forum devices.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This event has been POSTPONED
Please stay tuned for a new date and details.
Plugfests are one-week events designed to create a safe, real-world environment where developers with NFC Forum specified devices can verify device interaction across product implementations. They offer NFC Forum members and non-members device-device interoperability testing, end-to-end data sharing, and access to a library of various NFC Forum tags, smart posters and NFC Forum devices.
The NFC Forum Compliance Program is introducing Type 5 Tag and Active Peer-to-Peer communication support for Handsets and Readers in late 2018. This Plugfest is an ideal opportunity to test YOUR devices in anticipation of these new Certification programs.
Why should this matter to you?
The NFC Forum has created updates of its the standards and this Plugfest allows you to test your handsets, readers and tags for compliance to the improved standards (Analog 2.1, Digital 2.1 and Activity 2.0). In addition, the Internet of Things is gaining serious momentum and NFC plays a key role in simplifying the IoT for all. Make sure YOUR IoT products are ready to go to market by testing interoperability with the experts.
- Participate in device-to-device interoperability testing and data sharing
- Verify your NFC Forum reader devices against NFC Forum handsets with card emulation
- Verify you mobile handset towards reader devices.
- Assess your devices using NFC Forum Validated Test Tools supporting latest Certification Release including Analog 2.1
- Test your device towards Readers
- Access the NFC Forum Interoperability Test Library (ITL) containing NFC tags and NFC devices
- Verify interoperability between implementations developed to Digital Protocol 1.0, 1.1, 2/0 and those supporting Digital Protocol 2.1.
- Gain hands-on experience with Tag certification tests
- Network and connect with other NFC companies and NFC experts
Who should attend?
Anyone – whether NFC Forum member or non-member – who has implemented the NFC Forum specifications in a device and has, or will have, working samples by the date of the event.
|Who should attend the PF||Why they should attend|
|Chip vendors (with chips for Universal Devices)||
What is the schedule?
Testing sessions are usually scheduled daily from 8:30 – 18:00, with short coffee breaks at 10:30 and 15:45. Lunch is provided at 12:45, and testing resumes at 13:45. A detailed schedule will be distributed approximately one week prior to the event.On Wednesday evening, participants are invited to join the NFC Forum at a hosted social event for refreshments, fun, and networking outside of the lab! Social event details will be sent after registration. More about the testing.
- Testing will occur under the confidentiality agreement as defined in Section 12 of the NFC Forum Rules of Procedure, binding all participants. Non-members need to sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement in order to participate.
- Individual participant test results are not reported and remain confidential between the testing parties.
- The summary information collected during Plugfest events is fed back into the NFC Forum specifications development team to enable continuous improvements.
- To improve the clarity and testing quality of the specifications, we ask that you submit specification concerns or issues encountered during the testing to the NFC Forum staff available throughout the event.