NFC Forum 2020 NFC Innovation Award Judges Unveiled
10 Near Field Communication Leaders and Luminaries to Judge Global Award Competition
WAKEFIELD, Mass., USA – March 4, 2020 – The NFC Forum, the world’s leading standards and advocacy association for NFC technology, unveiled the 10 judges for the 2020 NFC Innovation Awards today. The judges are a prestigious group of Near Field Communication technology (NFC) experts, business leaders, journalists and analysts. The awards recognize innovative NFC products, services and experiences worldwide and are free to enter. For more information: https://nfcforum.secure-platform.com/a/.
NFC Forum 2020 NFC Innovation Award Judges
- Dan Balaban, Editor, NFC Times/Forthwrite Media
- Raghu Das CEO IDTechEx
- Lisa Seacat DeLuca, IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM
- Andy Falconer, Director and Founder, Falcon Events & Media Ltd
- Dean Anthony Gratton, Futurist and Columnist, Gratton Associates
- Richard G. Hopf, CTO, Speech Code GmbH
- Ryan Martin, Principal Analyst, ABI Research
- Cliff Raskind, Sr. Director, Smart Devices & IoT, Strategy Analytics, Inc.
- Gerhard Romen, Managing Director, GWRConsult
- Claire Swedberg, Senior Editor, RFID Journal
The 2020 NFC Forum Innovation Awards are sponsored by NXP Semiconductors (Platinum Sponsor) for the Best NFC Application in iOS13 Category and by Identiv. Award winners will be announced at an awards ceremony in June. Past Innovation Award winners can be found here.
About the NFC Forum 2020 NFC Innovation Awards
Innovation Award categories include:
- Best-in-Market NFC Implementation
- Most Innovative Use of NFC
- NFC for a Greener World
- Best NFC Application in iOS13 (Sponsored by NXP Semiconductors)
- Best NFC Application in Android
Innovators, developers, entrepreneurs, start-ups and organizations using NFC in new, disruptive and pioneering ways can submit award entries showcasing their work for the chance to win. Examples of NFC innovation areas include, but are not limited to connected home, smart health, smart consumer, automotive, sustainable NFC products/solutions, Internet of Things, gaming, connected retail, payment, mobility, identity and transport as well as NFC applications in iOS 13 and Android.
About the NFC Forum
The NFC Forum was launched as a non-profit industry association in 2004 by leading mobile communications, semiconductor, and consumer electronics companies. The Forum’s mission is to advance the use of Near Field Communication technology by developing specifications, ensuring interoperability among devices and services, and educating the market about NFC technology. The Forum’s global member companies are currently developing specifications for a modular NFC device architecture, and protocols for interoperable data exchange and device-independent service delivery, device discovery and device capability. Only member companies can participate in the Forum’s certification program of NFC devices, readers and tags.