NFC Product ShowcaseSubmit Your Product
IDEAL Talking Tags
IDEAL Talking Tags is a talking label maker/reader application, designed in support of accommodating the access needs of individuals who are blind. IDEAL Talking Tags is based on Apps4Android’s Near Field Communication (NFC) Tec-Tiles.
The minimum hardware and firmware requirement for running the application is an NFC-enabled smartphone running Android V4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
IDEAL Talking Tags can provide audible guidance in identifying a variety of items including clothing, food containers, and other household products. Talking labels can also provide audible guidance in identifying and taking medications. Talking labels are often used by individuals with vision-impairments.
Instructions for use:
1. Launch IDEAL Talking Tags. You should hear, “Touch the screen. Speak your message and let go of the screen when you are done. IDEAL Talking Tags.”
2. Touch the screen and speaking the words you want to record.
3. When you release your finger you will hear, “Touch and hold the screen to preview your recording. Let go when done.”
4. After previewing your recording you should hear, “Scan the NFC tag you wish to associate with this recording.”
5. You can then touch the back of your phone to an NFC tag of the type described above.
6. Hence forth whenever you touch an NFC-enabled smartphone to this tag, your smartphone will play the associated recording.
Tip: Before purchasing a large quantity of NFC tags, test a few of them with the app to see what works best.