The NFC Forum Certification Program confirms that your device, tag or reader is compliant with NFC Forum specifications. Conformance to the specifications provides consistency of behavior across NFC implementations and sets the foundation for interoperability.
For the first time, manufacturers can test and verify the performance of all key components of the NFC eco-system: handsets, NFC tags, and readers with NFC Forum Certification testing.
Steps to Certify
- Join: Become a member of the NFC Forum to enjoy membership benefits and start the Certification process, if your organization is not already a member.
- Prepare: Familiarize yourself with the NFC Forum Certification Policy and Device Requirements.
- Test: Determine which Authorized Test Lab meets your test your product(s) testing needs and schedule your testing.
- Report: Once testing at an Authorized Test Lab is complete,pay certification fees and agree to the NFC Forum Certification Policy during checkout.
- Apply: Assemble the package of all required Certification documents, and create a user account to securely submit your Certification documentation online to the NFC Forum.
- Promote: Once certified, it’s recommended that you add the Certification Mark to your site, product (if appropriate), packaging and collateral (according to the NFC Forum Certification Mark Guidelines). The mark may be used upon acceptance of the NFC Forum Certification Mark License Agreement and a one-time fee per registered organization. Also, be sure to share your product certification news with your customers.
Top 4 Reasons to Certify with the NFC Forum Certification Program
Interoperability with other devices – Deliver a memorable user experience when your product works seamlessly with other products.
Quality assurance – confirmed compliance with NFC Forum specifications increases your customers’ confidence level and decreases the chance of customer service calls.
Product differentiation – Differentiate your tags, device or reader by certifying against NFC Forum specifications, which are the most broadly supported tags in the industry. This helps attract customers who prefer to purchase certified products.
Useful metrics – Come away from certification with test evidence that is preferred and/or required by other NFC Forum partner organizations.