Why NFC for the Retail & Payment Industry
- Leverage widely available, easy-to-use technology that speeds payments, increases consumer engagement, and builds brand loyalty both inside and outside traditional retail environments, from brick and mortar stores to pop-up retail and omnichannel online-offline delivery methods
- Engage in-store shoppers to increase consumer-product interactions, provide useful in-the-moment product information and comparisons, and promote impulse purchases
- Personalize consumers’ experience at every stage of the purchasing process, from pre-sale to in-store to post-purchase communication, loyalty programs, and even e-commerce reordering
- Easily integrate NFC tags into a wide range of media (smart posters, out-of-home displays, direct mail, shelf labels, product packaging and point-of-purchase displays)
Why NFC for Consumers
- Instant, easy access to product details at point of sale and point of use
- Simple, intuitive, secure, loyalty-integrated payments with the simple touch of a smartphone
- Engaging omnichannel / e-commerce deliveries that bring a personalized digital experience to home deliveries
- Integrated personalized offers and loyalty program rewards
- Ability to reach customers at the moment of highest purchase intent – when they are ready to make a selection and buy
- Offers and discounts available without downloading store-specific apps
The NFC Forum Retail & Payment SIG works with stakeholders in retail and payment stakeholders and technology providers across the industry, enabling a seamless integration of NFC by providing all players with the information and tools they need to succeed.
Through the Retail & Payment SIG, NFC technology providers understand market requirements and opportunities for future development. Companies dedicated to improving the customer experience in retail and payment technology can learn about and contribute to industry roadmaps, relevant standards, and technology messaging.
We work alongside stakeholders and liaison partners like the Active and Intelligent Packaging Industry Association (AIPIA) to determine the most pressing needs and most promising directions across the sector. Together, we ensure that new retail solutions built around NFC are future-safe and that investments are protected.
NFC Forum members are invited to join the Retail & Payment SIG at any time. Not a member of the Forum? Contact [email protected] for more information and ways to partner.