Due to current events, the decision has been made to postpone the Innovation Awards. The Forum is currently re-evaluating the timeline of the program and will provide additional updates as they become available.
What is it all about?
Near Field Communications (NFC) technology is transforming user experiences everywhere and we want to put stand-out products/solutions in the spotlight! Judges will be reviewing applications for star-quality, B2B and B2C NFC-enabled products, services or solutions. The NFC Forum invites submissions from all industries and categories: smart homes; smart healthcare; customer-focused advertising, marketing, and branding; connected hospitality; smart retail; connected car; Internet of Things; sustainable, environmentally friendly solutions, gaming; and transportation, among others. If you have a groundbreaking product, service, solution or experience which features NFC
Categories & Definitons
Best-in-Market NFC Implementation
- You have a disruptive, in-market NFC Implementation that is a game-changer in your industry
- You are getting high-impact results that will wow our judges, such as engagement and conversion rates or purchase data
- Your customers or users are throwing you Rockstar reviews because of your brilliant user experience
Most Innovative Use of NFC
- New Mobile Apps utilizing NFC technology
- NFC technology helps to control devices
- Cool applications of NFC Internet of Things (IoT), Transport, Automotive, Payment
- NFC utilized to secure identity
NFC for a Greener World
- NFC application contributes toward a sustainable world
- Share stats on the environmental impact
- NFC technology makes a difference in society
Best NFC Application in iOS13
Sponsored by NXP
- You are eligible to receive a dedicated development kit to create an NFC application which utilizes iOS 13. More information on how to receive this kit is on the application site.
- Showcase how iOS 13 significantly impacts the NFC market as it increases the reach of NFC applications which are now accessible through all major smartphone brands.
- Adaptions from existing Android apps to iOS13 will be accepted
Best NFC Application in Android
- You are eligible to receive a dedicated development kit to create an NFC application utilizing Android. More information on how to receive the development kit is on the application site.
- Showcase how Android significantly impacts the NFC market as it increases the reach of NFC applications which are now accessible through all major smartphone brands.
- Existing NFC Android applications will be accepted
NOTE: For each of the five (5) categories there will be 15 finalists (1 winner in each category and 2 runners-up, based on numeric scores given by the judging panel, which are automatically calculated by the online award platform).
- Enter for your chance in the spotlight! Is your product, service, solution or experience using Near Field Communication (NFC) technology in new, disruptive and pioneering ways? Don’t miss this opportunity for global visibility.
- Gain exposure to members of the NFC Forum, which includes the world’s leading mobile device, semiconductor, payment, consumer electronics manufacturers, and solution providers including Apple, DNP, Google, Infineon, MasterCard, NXP Semiconductors, Samsung, Sony, STMicroelectronics, Thinfilm, Qualcomm, and VISA.
- Put your product, service or experience in front of a stellar panel of judges.
- Gain recognition for your innovative product, service or experience and be featured on the NFC Forum website in a permanent gallery of award recipients.
- Five (one for each category) winners receive an award trophy and an ‘NFC Innovation Award Winner’ digital badge for their site (read: bragging rights).
- Extend your social footprint and exposure — Finalists are featured in social media postings, winners are featured in a blog post and more.
- Get global visibility in public relation campaigns: Press release announcing winners, the press will be invited to NFC Innovation Award Celebration, and case studies are included in the PR outreach.
- Take part in multimedia opportunities: be part of a video that features NFC Innovation Award Finalists. The video will be hosted on our YouTube channel and shared on our site and social media channels.
Meet the judges
Your submissions will be evaluated by a distinguished panel of judges
The submissions will be scored on the following criteria:
Innovation – How is this entry unique or innovative compared to others in this category? Does it have the potential to positively impact the user experience and the future of the industry?
Benefits – What kind of benefits does this product, service, or experience deliver to the end user? How does it to compare to competitors if competition exists?
User experience and NFC Impact – How does this product deliver a simple, intuitive or transformative user experience? How central is NFC to the user experience and solution?
Sustainability – (NFC for a Greener World category only) – What is the environmental impact? Does this innovative NFC product, service, solution contribute to a sustainable world?
Results – Do the metrics shared by the entrant demonstrate positive results and a progressive trajectory for this product, service, or experience?
There are NO FEES to submit your entry to the NFC Innovation Awards
If you have questions about the NFC Innovation Award program? Contact [email protected]