“Terrific Ten” Innovation Award Judges Unveiled
Innovation Award Judges List Is “Who’s Who” Of Most Influential People In NFC
It is truly an honor and pleasure to have such an outstanding slate of judges for the 2020 NFC Innovation Awards. The NFC Forum is grateful for the support and amazed at the level of expertise these judges bring to the effort. It is arguably a “Top Ten” list of the most influential people in NFC technology today – but we prefer to call them the “Terrific Ten”. This group will be responsible for deciding the NFC Innovation Award Winners in five categories. For more information or to enter for free: https://nfcforum.secure-platform.com/a/.
- Dan Balaban, Editor, NFC Times/Forthwrite Media Balaban is editor and publisher of NFC Times, which for the past 10 years has been the industry’s most authoritative source for news and insight on contactless and NFC technologies, focusing on retail and transit payments.
- Raghu Das, CEO IDTechEx Das has tracked emerging technologies for over 17 years, providing best-in-class global research and strategic advice. He has helped organizations large and small – from Fortune 50 companies to start-ups, enabling them to make the best strategic decisions based on global insight.
- Lisa Seacat DeLuca, IBM Distinguished Engineer, IBM DeLuca is leading the incubation and incorporation of the Digital Twin across IBM’s IoT offering suite and is driving the digital transformation of IoT solutions within IBM.
- Andy Falconer, Director and Founder, Falcon Events & Media Ltd Andy has over 30 years’ experience in the multimedia and events industries including the last 15 years in the technology sector as Sales Director at the GSMA (Mobile World Congress) and at Clarion Events.
- Dean Anthony Gratton, Futurist and Columnist, Gratton Associates Gratton has created prototypes and developed new products for the Internet of Things (IoT), Big Data and Industry 4.0 (IIoT); the Smart Home, Smart Cities and the Smart Metering sectors. He has worked with technologies to include Bluetooth, NFC/RFID, ZigBee, Wi-Fi and EnOcean.
- Richard G. Hopf, CTO, Speech Code GmbH Richard has been an IT architect for 25 years and has developed over 260 IT projects for over 150 international clients of various industry segments.
- Ryan Martin, Principal Analyst, ABI Research Martin covers new and emerging transformative technologies, including augmented reality (AR), analytics, and the Internet of Things (IoT). He currently leads the firm’s Manufacturing, Industrial, and Enterprise IoT research.
- Cliff Raskind, Sr. Director, Smart Devices & IoT, Strategy Analytics, Inc. Raskind has over two decades in wireless, mobility and IT. He was an early member of Strategy Analytics’ (SA) Global Wireless Practice, returning to the SA in 2015 after working for Nokia where he ultimately led their Device Intelligence group on a global basis.
- Gerhard Romen, Managing Director, GWRConsult Romen has been a long time driver of NFC serving as the Vice-Chairman as well as the Marketing Chair of the NFC Forum. Lately, he has been driving mobile payment and IoT solutions for Nokia, Millicom and Casambi.
- Claire Swedberg, Senior Editor, RFID Journal Claire Swedberg spends much of her days talking with end users, vendors and analysts about the RFID industry and technology.
The 2020 NFC Forum Innovation Awards are sponsored by NXP Semiconductors (Platinum Sponsor) for the Best NFC Application in iOS13 Category and by Identiv. Award winners will be announced at the NFC Forum Members Meeting Awards Reception at the Connections Summit in Helsinki, Finland on June 24, 2020. Click here to enter the NFC Innovation Awards.