NFC is a standards-based short-range wireless connectivity technology that makes your smartphones, wearables, tablets and other devices even smarter.
NFC Smart Posters provide connection everywhere
NFC Smart Posters are stored on NFC Forum Tags allowing a connection to NFC enabled smartphones or smartwatch’s everywhere. There is no need for a power supply or a network connection to provide this connection. For example, a simple tap enables the smartphone user at:
NFC Shares data
NFC allows the user to exchange data through a simple tap. For example, the user can:
- Share fitness or health data between smartphone/smartwatch and your personal health device
- Share contact data between two smartphones
NFC connects two devices together
NFC provides a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection between two devices through a simple tap without the need to enter PIN codes or other credentials. With a simple tap the user can:
- Play the music on his/her smartphone via Bluetooth loudspeakers
- Share his/her photos with friends
- Control his/her digital camera with the smartphone
- Print his/her photos on a printer with Wi-Fi or Bluetooth connection
- Share the phone book with the car multimedia system and enable hands-free equipment in the car
NFC provides access
NFC securely allows your smartphone or smartwatch to function as a key or ticket to:
- Enter public transport systems
- Open the door at home or at work
- Open, configure and start your car
- Check in at the hotel and to open the hotel door
- Enter concerts, theaters or museums
NFC enables your smartphone / smartwatch as your wallet
NFC allows you to pay securely with your smartphone / smartwatch* with a simple tap without the need to use a camera or scanner to read QR-codes.
NFC recharges your IoT devices
NFC technology can charge small devices. A single antenna in the IoT Device is used for power transfer and NFC communication and allows for simple and small IoT device designs.
Wireless charging can be used for example to charge:
- Bluetooth headsets
- Fitness Trackers
- GPS trackers
Key growth areas for NFC include IoT, automotive, public transport and the well-established retail and payment sector.